Saturday, July 29, 2017

How neat is that?

Good morning, it is Saturday.

How can you not like a summer time Friday? Well, even thought it has been years since my summer time Fridays were 16 hour days at the golf course opening the facility, teaching lesson in the mid day, and scoring corporate tournaments in the evening, I still cringe a little at those memories. Yesterday was a much better Friday.
How about a mid day hiking trip with my three favorite kids? To Rattlesnake Ridge. Awesome. and no, there are no rattlesnakes here. You don't get to see my whole outfit, but I can tell you that Lillie started laughing and we had to slow things down for a half hour while I learned all about youtube sensation (I really don't know why, yes I do) Lenny Pepperbottom. So we were dressed just alike. How neat is that?
This is what I was looking at the whole hike. Lillie, Preston, and Hansen all having a great time with each other's company and enjoying the outdoors.
This picture was taken just after the one above, but with the selfie lens. Dude, I couldn't keep up!
I did stop for a Huckleberry break. The kids didn't even believe me how good these Huckleberries were. You can tell this is a Huckleberry bush, because of the way it is. LOL. That's pretty neat!
After our hike we made a quick stop at 7-11 for Slurpees. Then it was nap time till Maren got home and our Friday concert in the park.
A beautiful summer evening in the park. Tonight is was The True Loves, a rhythm and blues band who played some very nice music. You may remember that last week I got two fortunes in my fortune cookie, well, last night my fortune cookie was empty! Nothing. Nada. It's all good.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

It's great that the kids like each other's company - and that there were no rattlesnakes at Rattlesnake Ridge.