Saturday, June 17, 2017

The Falco Awards

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Last night was the Falcon Awards at Kentlake High School. The awards ceremony celebrates staff, students, and community members who make Kentlake great. I was informed a couple weeks ago that I was nominated for award. I figured that was a nice gesture, but I had zero chance of winning as we truly have a great staff. Maren wanted to invite everyone to attend, but I was like, please don't, I'm not going to win anything...
And after searching the whole line of pictures of those nominated and never finding my photo, I was thinking I was right. Not only was I not going to win, but they didn't even have my photo up! But there it was, right in the middle of the line.
After a very nice dinner of pizza, Chinese food, and sub sandwiches, everyone went into the PAC for the awards. We have six staff members retiring this year who have been very influential staff members of Kentlake. Between award each retiree was brought up and celebrated.
Somehow I won! Male Non-certified Staff Member Of The Year. I was so nervous giving my speech that I don't think I made one sentence that was actually sensible. Oh Well, maybe next time. When they announced that the winners should give short speech, Maren hit my shoulder and said I better be prepared, I laughed and told her that I had no chance of winning.
My Falco Award. Very fun! Thanks Kentlake!

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Congratulations on winning the Falco Award! How exciting!

Susanna Powers said...

just in time for Father's Day! you deserve to be celebrated. love, susanna

Bernice said...

Congratulations Julian. You deserve it. Love, Bernice