Saturday, January 21, 2017

Happy Birthdays! And maybe some political stuff...

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Happy Birthday Maren! Happy Birthday Mom! Yes, this blog is a couple days late to truly deliver this message, but it's not like this is the only platform for birthday wishing:) I hope you two had great birthdays!

I don't think it is out of order to mention that while having nice birthday parties, Maren was conflicted. I think her mind was going in this cycle: It's my birthday! Yay! It's President Obama's last day. Dang bleep bleep! It's my birthday! Yay! Trump takes over tomorrow. WTF! bleep bleep. It's my birthday! Yay! It's President Obama's last day. Dang bleep bleep! It's my birthday! Yay! Trump takes over tomorrow. WTF! bleep bleep. It's my birthday! Yay! It's President Obama's last day. Dang bleep bleep! It's my birthday! Yay! Trump takes over tomorrow. WTF! bleep bleep. It's my birthday! Yay!

Today Maren is in Atlanta for a work conference and watching all the Women's rallies around the country. Her mom and sisters will be in Seattle marching today as well.

How about some pictures:
This picture cracks me up. After a nice dinner with John, Carol, and the littles at The Golden Peacock, we made it home for a little birthday cupcake! My mom e-mailed me that she too had a little cupcake with a solo candle for her birthday as well. Happy Birthdays!
Flareon making packing for the ALA conference in Atlanta difficult. I thought the cat should go with her...
 Lillie's playing with the High School band! That's right, last night was senior night for the boys basketball team and the middle school band was invited to play with the big kids. Lillie loved it! With high school registration on Tuesday, this was a very clever promotional play by the band. Lillie will be signing up for band for sure! The boys basketball team? Eh, not their best year. But the girls team is one of the very best in the state and may very well be competing for the state title soon.
How about some dead van pictures? The pic on the left is the first tow. Middle of nowhere for archery club the transmission just died. Pic on the right is the second tow truck. To the dealership. Luckily this van was purchased new 10 years ago in the time of lifetime powertrain warranties. With any luck the warranty will do it's thing and we will have a running van again in a week.
I don't really know how I got all these pictures to go side by side, but I like it. Maren sent me this selfie from her time at the airport. She was wearing her pussyhat (Carol knitted several of these hats for family and friends) apparently along with many many other women who were flying out to D.C. On the right side is a photo of marchers around the country.

Sorry to make a birthday post a political post, but it is the sign of the times, and in 20 years when reading our blog book (We just received our 2016 blog book in the mail yesterday) we wouldn't want to miss out on what is what.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Julian Slane said...

Huh! The pictures were side by side in the editing screen. I guess the left ones just rose to the top...

Ellen said...

Yay for birthdays!

Amber said...

Birthdays and marches and Trump, oh my.