Friday, December 09, 2016

Snow morning.

Good morning, it is Friday.

This morning I'm typing at the exact time I should be on the road to drop Lillie off for school. Why? Two hour late start thanks to snow. The snow rolled in last night and we've had a few little snow episodes the last week.
Here is what it looks like right now. This is Maren getting ready to drive into work the other day. While this doesn't look bad to some parts of the world, around here the hills deliver cars into nearby ditches all morning long with this kind of snow. Luckily Maren came home shortly after this picture was taken as cars decided going down a local hill was not the smartest idea.
This morning it is warming up. The last few days were not the case. Here is my car the other day at a brisk 26 degrees. I had to pry the doors open and warm up the van for like 15 minutes just to loosen the ice up enough to scrape the windows easily.
This is my favorite picture of the post. At lunch the other day my co-workers and I were talking Salisbury Steak for some reason. This picture reminds me of my childhood! Next time I'm out at the grocery store I'm checking to see if you can still buy Salisbury Steak TV dinners. If so, sign me up!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Susanna Powers said...

Hi Julian, I'm so glad that Maren turned around rather than driving out there. Regarding the TV dinners, Johnny likes the Stouffers meat loaf, I like meatless like pasta since the chicken in these things tends to be little cubes of rubber. The best part of the tv dinners was the mashed potatoes and sometimes they had a little dessert of some kind which was always delicious. Love, susanna

Ellen said...

That TV dinner looks delicious!