Monday, February 15, 2016

Today's paragraphs may just end with a :)

Good afternoon, it is Monday:)

I could say that I have not blogged in awhile. True. I could divide this blog into several little blogs. Yup. But I'm not doing either of those things. Just getting on with blogging:)
Hi mom and dad! Happy 47th wedding anniversary! Dad picked up glasses almost just like mine. A classic look for sure. I don't know where this picture was taken, and there is a dog with a monkey name peeking from the bottom of the photo. Finley is a great dog name, but I can't help to think of the monkey that Billy Crystal played in Oz Great And Powerful. A movie I really enjoyed. And a monkey that looks like my parent's dog:)
Lillie spent much of last week working on her Jonas Salk special report for her history class. Yes, this is the biggest tri-fold board I have ever seen:)
Turned out great! My dad was telling us how he was a Polio Pioneer. His entire second grade class. And it seems to have worked:)
This came in the mail! Congratulations Preston for making The President's List in your first quarter of college! One thing Preston learned in his first quarter of college is to never ever ever again sign up for an 8:30 am class when you really don't need to. Hah! Winter quarter for Preston takes place much later in the day. Real life learning:)
Before haircut. Plastic bag for a haircut cape thingy. Calling a plastic bag a haircut cape thingy is one sure way to instill confidence [in your customer] of your hair cutting abilities and use of the trimmer thingy:)
Hmm. Yeah, I guess you did a good job dad! This was the very first time since Hansen has hit double digits in age that he let me cut his hair. He watched me cut Preston's hair last time Preston was home and figured that if I could do a good job on Preston's hair, I could probably do a good job on his hair too. In the end, we were all happy with the results:)
Lillie purchased her very own Kitchen Aid hand blender. She loves the color. She loves the results. She will surly keep her new blender in her bedroom along with her other treasures:)
Macaroons at their finest! They really did turn out great! We watched a kids cooking competition on the cooking channel where kids had to make these, then stack them. It was a disaster on TV. Lillie rocked at it. Challenge accomplished:)
While Maren is on her way home from Washington D.C. for the AAAS Science book and film awards, Hansen is on his way out of town. He is joining a large group of friends for a midwinter retreat to Leavenworth. I'm sure he will have a great time! He put his bag on his clothes to keep the cats off. But it didn't work, Joe can find any little speck of clothing to rest on. I think he should have packed Joe up and taken him along. But no, we've still got the little puker here at home:)

See you tomorrow:)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Nice haircut :) Nice macaroons :) Nice job Preston :)

Ellen said...

Thanks for the anniversary wishes:) It's great keeping up with you guys through the blog:)