Monday, August 10, 2015

Tennis anyone?

Good morning, it is Monday.

I am so sore this morning! This weekend was busy, let's just say my little fitbit wrist thingy kept texting me and calling me an overachiever. Funny.
This is a picture from the entrance way of the Boeing Employees Tennis Club. How about tennis on top of a tiny small biplane? Yeah, no. While not an employee, we joined this club for the tennis. Lillie tried a group lesson Saturday, but will probably be sticking with team dad, and the pool club in the summer.
Maren and I attended a social at the club Saturday. It was kind of advertised as games, then dinner, then the ability to be rated as to sign up for leagues and such. Maren came along without any desire to actually play tennis. She kind of got to sit on the bleachers and watch most of the evening, but I'm sure it was somewhat amusing. In this picture I'm back left and Maren is hiding perfectly behind me. There were two other tables full of folks as well.
The games and drills were great, I totally felt like I was in a junior tennis camp for adults. I'm just out of camera range on the left in this picture. While I totally didn't know what to expect, I had a great time. It was fun to play tennis with other adults and I had to totally adjust to having the pros hit the ball so hard. At one point I was volleying with the head pro for a bit and he must have thought I was not too bad, because for the introduction to the next game I was one of the example folks. Then he hit a lob up to me that I was supposed to volley...and I totally whiffed the ball. Doh! I will be curious to see what my club rating will be. I registered for an adult doubles league as well. Lillie may end up taking a winter break from tennis, but I'm excited to be playing.
Hansen and I also spent Saturday and Sunday mornings at an archery tournament. Most the tournaments we play in have set distances and rings to shoot at. This was different. The distances were not marked, and you had the option to not shoot for zero points as apposed to a miss for -10, and a hit for +10. Hansen played smart, only taking shots he was confident in. I decided that I would take every single shot no matter what. So in the end Hansen beat me by about 100 points and I had lost a few arrows to boot. Doh. While a fun format, I think I'll stick with marked distances.

See you tomorrow.



2 comments:

Ellen said...

Grandpa would definitely be thrilled at all the tennis that's going on. Congrats to Hansen for doing so well at archery!

Costa del Tennis said...

Sounds like a good time!

Don't forget us next time ;)