Monday, July 27, 2015

Soccer Camp.

Good morning, it is Monday.

Yesterday both boys left with our church's youth group on a week long mission trip to Idaho. I'm sure they will have a great time as they both have good friends going with them. We will certainly miss them this week, but good for them for going on this adventure.
After church the kids and parents were just roaming around and packing up for the trip. They have a large van with a trailer carrying twelve kids, three adults (well, a few of the kids are actually adults), and all their stuff about 6 hours away for a week.
This is the group. We've heard that they made it safely as we have seen some updates on FB. This week one of their main ministries is to run a soccer camp for kids. If I'm not mistaken, Preston and Nick were kind of in charge of the whole thing as far as planning and such goes. I'm sure it will be a great camp for the kids. I'm trying to fill the days this week with stuff to do with Lillie as her favorites will be gone for a week. Of course, she is still sleeping as I type, so a little break is being enjoyed by all at the moment.
I don't use twitter very often, in fact I 'd say I don't use much social media that much at all...other than to read and search. I've kind of gotten out of the habit of bragging or spewing on social media. That's what my blog is for:) Well, Saturday evening was the Seattle Torchlight Parade. And they were posting tweets on live TV. So I tweeted. Maren and I were going to go [to the parade] in person, but the rain kind of stopped us. Rain you ask? The ironic part of this story is how it did rain on the parade, during the driest summer on record, on the statistically driest weekend our region sees every year. But the rain has been great. Don't worry, the next week is supposed to be up in the 80's and 90's again. Doh.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Oh no, I can't believe it rained on the parade! It's wonderful that the boys are going on the trip - I hope they all have a great trip and get back safely.