Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Baccalaureate Pad and Tennis Too.

Good afternoon, it is Wednesday.

Things are rolling right along here. Over the weekend was the Kentlake High School's Bachelorette. Er, Baccalaureate. Totally different things, only I can't pronounce either of them!
Not too many showed up for this very nice program. Many of these kids have been Preston's friends since grade school. Preston played the piano for the opening of the program which was very nice. Other kids did music or speeches. It seems these programs are disappearing from the graduation calendar all around the country. I'm glad we got to be there.
Before the Bacheloratoriateate, we had a BBQ at John and Carol's new house. This house is so nice! Even better in real life than in description. Of course it is still empty. They met with floor guy today and will have nice new floors in before they move in in a couple of weeks. Here John is in front of one of the coolest fireplace mantels I've seen. It is made from recycled pallet boards. I don't think it will be long for their house...maybe ours? Hmm.

Lillie and her first ever tennis Lesson! Yahoo, Go Lillie! Lillie is joining the pool's summer tennis team. It was 27 years ago this week that I last played an actual tennis match with my Grandpa Sandler. Way back when I was Preston's age and graduating from high school myself. I thought I was a decent tennis player and my grandpa totally cleaned my clock on the court while visiting for my graduation. I'm sure he would be thrilled to see Lillie playing tennis.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Grandpa Sandler would love it that Lillie's playing tennis. I was just telling a friend of mine the other day how my father played tennis his whole life. We're looking forward to visiting for Preston's graduation.