Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Rip Roaring Wind.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Today is a day off from school and work at our house. Thank you crazy wind storm! Reports were that the wind was going to be bad, but I don't think anyone thought that all the local school districts would be closed do to widespread power outages and trees down. I have not ventured out, but I hear that the city of Covington is without power (except for pockets like our neighborhood) and a tree may be down on the clubhouse. And of course, last night lows were in the mid 20s.
Here is a picture of our Seattle Sounders flag all ripped to shreds. For some reason I didn't think to take it down. Now I will be asking Santa for a new Sounders flag! While I left this out, it wasn't like we were not prepared:
Yesterday Lillie and I ventured down under the house for our yearly check. We put back some insulation that had fallen down and made sure everything was looking good. I may do a little more insulating in future, but I'd say we are good for temperatures down in the high teens and low twentys. Lillie was a good helper. She carried the flashlight and the tools. And her smartphone. While I was fixing some insulation under the living room she was playing fashion games...

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Wow, stay warm!