Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Doughnut or Donut?

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

It has been awhile since my last post. I've not forgotten, instead I've been fighting with my computer. This is what has been going on:
Luckily Hansen helped me get the computer actually working again, but it may be time for a new one. Groan.
But on the bright side, I found my new favorite doughnut! A peanut butter an jelly filled doughnut. It just appeared in the staff room in a generic brown box flanked by a bunch of regular doughnuts. After 30 years the apple fritter may be pushed back to second place:)
Last night was the banquet for Hansen's cross country team. This is such a nice group of kids, they all support each other and enjoy the sport. Of course running is an individual sport so the team there to support, win or loose. This picture is of the freshman class of runners. The team will loose a large number of seniors, many Preston's friends. Preston enjoyed the banquet and hung out with his friends too. There were a few great pictures of Hansen in the slide show as with the whole team.
HOME team was run by the high schoolers the other day. Preston always gets a couple of nights of helping a year with our family night and with the youth groups. These panoramas are very cool.
Action shots are cool too. Preston is being Neo fast, as in the Matrix. I really don't know if Preston was fast enough to save whatever it is he is saving. Probably. I'm sure.
Hansen checking out a frozen part of the lake at the archery club. Yes, it has been cold!
I even let Hansen drive around the lot on the way out. You always have to drive the lot on the way out to see if you're the last one there. If so you have to lock both gates. He has the 10 and 2 thing down. Hansen will be a fine driver for sure.
I got back in the racquetball court the other day. I played with Jim and his son Nick. The Kent Commons courts seem unchanged since I was in school racquetballing with my dad and his friends. Luckily I still have some skills and showed these two a little something about how to win at racquetball.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Wow, Hansen driving! Peanut butter and jelly doughnuts! Good luck with the computer!