Saturday, August 30, 2014

First Day of School!

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Welp, we survived the first two days of school.  Luckily for us there is now a three day weekend to recover...
Here they are on the first day of school.  Lillie a 6th grader, Preston a 12th grader, and Hansen and 9th grader.
Lillie is in her last year of elementary school, and quite possibly her last year on a school bus.  We live too close for a bus at middle school, and when she starts high school Hansen will be a senior and driving her to school for sure.  Just as Preston is driving Hansen this year.
This was in my box at school waiting for me on my first day back.  My five years of service pin.  This is actually the start of my 7th year, but school calendars are wacky.
Wednesday (the day before school started) I decided to finally get to my big summer project!  New sinks in the bathrooms and new faucet and plumbing for the utility sink.
No more rust!  There are just a couple of bugs to work out, but the three turned out quite nice.  Of course I was working until about 9:00pm the night before the first day of school.  Procrastinate much?  No worries, about the time I was done Hansen decided to finally empty out his back pack from last year!

Here's to a great school year!

See you tomorrow.

No comments: