Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Chicken Dinner.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Blog post number three for today!  As summer comes to a close, so does the rush to finish up any assigned homework for the summer.  Such is the case for Hansen.  He was assigned to read a couple of books and to write reports on such books.  Maren found one at the library, but the other, Night by Elie Wiesel has had a very long hold list.  After looking online and checking out Libraries, we decided to try a last ditch try at Value Village.  After all, it was half price books day on Sunday.
While the kids shopped for whatever, Maren and I looked through the books.  It is a good thing that Maren didn't trust that I looked through my shelves perfectly because she found the book on the second to last row of books that I had already "looked through".  Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner!  Can you believe it?  And yes, Maren did find plenty of other books to buy as well.  I mean, it was half price books and every 5th one was free!  I think we left with twenty books...  That's why I haven't been blogging, I've been reading.  Hahahaha.  That is so no the reason...like I read, snort.  OK, I do, but not like super reader Maren.  The kids are all super readers as well.  As of yesterday Hansen had already finished his book and his report.  Good thing too, because he started cross country for Kentlake high school yesterday.  He was leading the first lap of warm-ups when I left, which I gathered to mean that I'd be scraping his worn out self off the track after practice.  He was pretty worn out.  Day two is today.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Stef said...

I really love this picture of my sister! It is CLASSIC Maren - with a huge stack of books in her arms. That is how she always looked growing up, dinner table, car rides, at the pool, anywhere :)

Melanie Ostergard said...

I was thinking the same thing, Stef. Perfect picture of Mar. And Night is must read, but I only have a digital copy or I could've shared it.