Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Just Ducky!

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

I hope all you dads had a great Father's Day!  I did.  We ended up at the Ostergard's house after church for BBQ fun.  And yes, I got to be in charge of the remote.  The US Open golf tournament always draws to a close on Father's Day (or the next day if a playoff) but this year's tournament was a sleeper, so we watched the Soccer World Cup.  And how about yesterday's US victory?!?  Picture time:
Saturday evening Judy invited Maren and I to attend Spamalot at the Lakewood Community Theater.  I can't tell you how great of a job this theater did.  Well, I can, but it wouldn't do it justice, they just did a fabulous job.  No, I didn't buy any souvenir coconuts...but if I had I'd be making cool sound effects for my travels around the house and driving the rest of my family coconuts.
My wonderful children even went out and spent their own money on Father's Day gifts for me!  Lillie says this is the best gift ever!  Just ducky.  Preston found me a very nice pair of Adidas sneakers. 
Preston had quite a homework job for his U of W English class.  The binder of his writings is very impressive.  And he had quality help for sure.
Avery had her matcher American Girl with her...but a new hairstyle was in order.
Lillie worked her magic and now this doll has a very impressive fish tale braid.
Posing next to her school picture.  Twins with herself!
What Father's day would be complete without stressing out dad?  Somehow it happened that the kids all wanted to try on my glasses.  A few years ago this would have been a big no no, but I've mellowed a bit and this time I actually got a kick out sharing my glasses for a few minutes.  Lillie got the ball rolling.
Jack looking dapper as ever.
Yup, I see a scientist in the making.
Hah, Hansen just looks like himself.  Well, his actual glasses are a tad bit more stylish than the big clunkers I prefer to wear, but it works.  Although with such little correction compared to his own glasses, Hansen wonders why I even waste my time wearing glasses!
Stef, the biggest kid of the bunch.  Nice specs!

Today is the last full day of school for us.  After tomorrow we will have a 6th grader, a 9th grader, and a 12th grader.  Yowzers.  

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Glad you had a nice Father's Day. Everyone looks great in your glasses!