Thursday, April 03, 2014

Student of the Month!

Good evening, it is Thursday.

Usually I make Lillie a peanut butter and nutella sandwich every day for lunch.  She then finds the rest of her lunch and packs it herself.  Usually an apple, fruit snacks, a granola bar, and her water bottle.  Not a bad lunch.  But tomorrow we don't need to worry about lunch because she gets to eat pizza with the principal.  Nope, not busted...rewarded.  Lillie was March's student of the month in her 5th grade class!  Wahoo, way to go Lillie!
The letter we received for Lillie's student of the month.
Lillie with her new yellow binder.  This girl is hard on binders, I think this is her forth one this year.  They hold all her school stuff, and are constantly being decorated.  Yesterday the pink one finally died.  I took her to Office Depot and they had a buy 2 get 1 free for the super tough with lots of pockets version she likes.  Now she has a Yellow, Orange, and light blue binder to switch out as she feels.
At the beginning of the week Lillie and I stacked up a few rocks at the bus stop.  As of this morning, they are still there.  I wonder how long this little rock stack will stay put?  Hmm...

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry, but your kids are too high achieving! Oops, I mean AWESOME JOB LILLIE AND PRESTON!

Seriously, peanut butter and nutella? Sometimes I feel bad that there are too many sweets and processed snacks in Aurora's lunch, but I think it's almost exactly like Lillie's (but with a peanut butter and jelly uncrustable) - and that makes me feel better. Thanks.

Room 202 said...

my standard lunch was peanut-butter and butter. So Nutella is a step up in nutrition. In fact I want some right now. That letter is cute. Lillie did great! love, susanna

Anonymous said...

Molly says her lunch EVERYDAY of elementary school was a smooth peanut butter and guava jelly sandwich. Woe to my Mom if she ran out of guava and tried to substitute apple or grape jelly. Alas, I am still a picky eater but have fortunately branched out in acceptable jelly.

I love hearing how well the kids are doing. Well done, Maren and Julian!

Ellen said...

Wow again! Congrats to Lillie! Great work!

Bernice said...

My computer has been misbehaving, couldn't get into blogs, etc. Today for some reason it is slow, but not misbehaving...so I can respond to the accomplishments of your kids - really proud of all of them. P.S. Ed is coming in this weekend to set up a new computer he got for me. So great to have such a great son and computer technician....