Friday, April 25, 2014

Focus!

Good morning, it is Friday.

In less than a week I will be taking Hansen to Redding California for a National Archery Tournament.  His equipment is all ready and so is he.  There were just a few pieces of equipment that we don't own that we really should for this sport.  The inexpensive one is a little tiny chair rather than just a quiver to hold arrows/tools/snack and provide a place to sit.  Mine should arrive today.  The other is a pair of Binoculars.  Since taking up this sport, I've learned a lot about a lot of thing, binoculars being one of them.  While I've thought the equipment is generally expensive, I didn't even look at binoculars for just this reason.  You can hear folks all over the range talking about their $2000.00 binoculars.  That seems a bit steep for my wallet, so I started to do some research.  A pair at 10% of that cost should be fine for what I will use them for, which is sighting targets and spotting where the arrow is on the target from 30 to 100 yards.  Then just as I was about to purchase a decent pair, Maren found a great "lightning deal" at amazon, and I clicked the "buy" button.
Now I have a nice pair of 8X42 binoculars.  These should be just great for what we use them for.  Reading all the reviews, while binoculars are popular for hunting and archery, the biggest usage for this type/style/quality of binocular is bird watching.  Who knew?  I tried it out, and yes, the bird feeder is crystal clear...

While shopping, I couldn't pass up in this case for my phone:
SpongeBob SquarePants!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I hope you guys have a great time at the archery tournament. Glad the bird feeder is crystal clear!