Sunday, February 09, 2014

Smiles.

Good evening, it is Sunday.

What a crazy day.  It started snowing on and off yesterday, then in full tilt last night.  Preston finished a soccer game in the snow, then had the next two canceled!  His team is in the State Cup and has won it's first two games, so they will surely be moving into the semifinals.  As of right now the snow is melting and the temps are back up to around 40 degrees.  Other than the quick trip outside to play in the snow, we have not even left the house.  The best snow was around midnight last night, and yes, that is when Lillie, Preston, and neighbor Connor decided to go out to play.
This is a picture from Preston's soccer game in the snow.  The wind was blowing so hard that the snow wouldn't even stick.  I was freezing, but I couldn't complain, I mean...I wasn't the one playing soccer.  Preston had a great goal and a bunch of super passes/crosses.  Their team won 1-0
I wasn't going out in the middle of the night to play in the snow, so I asked Lillie to send me a picture.  This is what I got...tic-tac-toe on my van.
Speaking of games, yesterday Preston and I purchased a Scrabble game.  Today we played as a family.  I teamed with Maren as no one else wanted a partner, and I kept score.  Preston was the big winner, but everyone played great!
Lillie says, "Yay for snow!"  I say, "yay for snow melting!"  This was fun to have a weekend of being snowed in, but that enough for me.  Lillie had made plenty of trips outside to capture snow for snow-cones.

Carol and Stef just got back from a Corner Of Love mission trip to the Nicaragua area.  Both trained nurses, they went with a team of other medical folks to give medical help to the area.  I have only heard snippets from their trip, but it sounds like they had an amazing time.  Stef sent a few pictures, I'd thought you may enjoy them:






How cute is this little guy?  Nice work!

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow! And what a great thing Carol and Stefanie did - glad they got back okay.

Bernice said...

What a weekend you had, lots of snow and family fun. I've never played Scrabble - looks like you all enjoyed it, but I guess cabin fever started to set in - enough snow already. A wonderful project that Carol and Stef were involved in !!

Amber said...

I loved playing board games when I was little, but it was very rare that anybody (meaning, my older brothers) wanted to play with me... now that I'm a master at words with friends, I don't know that I could go back to regular old scrabble!

I hope we're all done with wintry weather - I sure am ready for spring.