Friday, January 24, 2014

Have you seen the cat?

Good evening, it is Friday.

This morning at way too early o'clock, I drove Maren to the airport.  She is now in Philadelphia for the ALA conference.  Committee work, meeting authors, hanging with friends, meeting new librarians, fancy dinners, and staying in a fancy hotel.  That is what her weekend will look like.  She gets home Monday evening.  Several years ago these weekends were much more work for me than they are now.  When the kids were little, it was much harder than today.  This evening we have just been watching movies (Harry Potter, Oz The Great and Powerful, and Back To The Future) while eating pizza and having smoothies.  But the dishes wait for no one, and I will be doing that before heading to bed.
The cat really wanted to go to Philadelphia with Maren.  I was all for it!  Hey Lillie, Have you seen Joe lately?
I checked on the weather in Philadelphia around 4:30 today.  Yeah, Maren went to a cold world for sure!  I asked Maren to take some pics, you know, of like the stairs that Rocky ran up, or maybe the Liberty Bell.  But I'm thinking I will be lucky to get selfies of Maren freezing to death.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I have a picture of me on those steps! I guess it was pre-blog... oh well. Stay warm, Maren!

Austine Shane said...

Cute cat. good thing it didn't follow Maren by staying inside her bag. :)

Ellen said...

Looks like a perfect place for a cat! I hope Maren's having a great time and staying warm. Back To The Future was such a good movie!