Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Book Time.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

This will be my last blog post of the year, so I'm glad I'm actually posting in the morning.  Once done with today's blog, Maren will probably order a book of 2013 Julian's Early Morning Blog.  I figured I would close the year with a picture of each kid from the last week that didn't make it in the regular blog, but should have.
Preston and Connor on Christmas morning.  We played catch with the football for a few minutes.  Connor came to join us in his Christmas Chicago Bears gear.  While not a huge Bears fan, I sure like them more than the Pittsburgh Seelers that the rest of his family roots for.  Connor's family has put their house up for sale.  They have been great neighbors for just over 17 years, and we will miss them greatly.  They are not moving too far away, but we won't be saying "hi" to them every time we go to fetch the mail.
This is Hansen as we have seen him for the last couple of days.  I like this picture because of what you see on the T.V. screen.  Santa brought Hansen Grand Theft Auto Five, and he has been playing it nonstop.  I didn't really think this game would would become a Hansen favorite, but it has.  He usually prefers the shoot-em-up games.  While this seems like a solo adventure, due to X-box Live, Hansen is actually playing with his friends, talking to them over the headphones, and I guessing many of them like this game too.  Back to the screen, if you biggify the picture, you can see that Hansen created his player to look a lot like him, with his Firebird, in his garage, which is near the golf course.  Too cool.  Yesterday Lillie and I were walking by Hansen as he was riding a motorcycle in the game without wearing a helmet.  I tapped him on the shoulder and asked, "where's your helmet?"  He stopped his [virtual] motorcycle, his rider put on a helmet, then kept on riding.  Lillie and I were cracking up!
Lillie helping Preston make snickerdoodles just before Christmas.  Preston did a great job managing this project for sure.  When I first looked at this picture I didn't remember why I had taken it.  If you look closely, you can see that Lillie tried to make a snickerdoodle out of her phone!  No worries, the phone still works, and now it smells like a cookie.

Tonight we will be ringing in the New Years!  Just a few years ago we would wonder if the kids could stay up late enough.  No longer.  Last night Hansen finally went to bed around 3:45 a.m. and none of the kiddos will wake up before noon if we don't help them out a bit.  School will be back in session in a week, so I'm not too worried about these nocturnal tendencies sticking, they're just enjoying time without their parents helicoptering.

See you next year!

3 comments:

Bernice said...

Happy New Year to all of the Slane
gang!!!!!

Susanna Powers said...

Happy New Year!! I just ordered my blog book covering the last 2 years-- they have a 15% off promotion till Jan. 6. I really don't like new year's but mostly because the vacation comes to a grinding halt. Enjoy new year's eve! Love, susanna

Ellen said...

Happy New Year! You do a great job with your blog and I always enjoy reading it.