Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Chanukah!

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Happy Thanksgiving!  Happy Chanukah!  Pretty rare to have these two holidays on the same day.  This is the first time since 1888 that they are on the same day, and they say it won't happen again for thousands of years.  So enjoy!  I hope this information is correct, I mean, it must be...I read it on the internet:)
Lille crafted a Thanksgiving outfit for one of her dolls!  This doll is just standing on the landing of the staircase.  Strangely, Lillie asked me for an old pair of old black socks that she could use for crafting.  I did find her a pair, not I'm wondering...
Our thankful leaves.  We made thankful leaves for each of the people in our family.  Some are very nice.  We generally try to be nice towards each other, but rarely do we put kind thoughts down on paper.  Yes, we left what was a creepy Halloween tree on the wall, took off some of the scary, and let it be a thankful tree.  Multitasking.  It's all good.
This is our menorah all ready to light.  Last night we read the blessings and lit the candles.  We received this menorah many years ago from my grandpa.  Next to it is The Story Of Chanukah typed by my grandpa.  He used to send my this story every year with a new back page that would let us know when the first candle was to be lit.  The year he sent this copy, Chanukah began on December 4th.  I'm glad I saved this one.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Susanna Powers said...

Happy Thanksgiving Julian! and also to Maren, Preston, Hansen, Lillie and the sock-doll. Love, susanna & Johnny

carol said...

Happy holidays and belated happy Chanukah to you and your family ! I just read this post and I would like to have a copy of the Story of Chanukah as typed by your Grandpa and my uncle Roby ! I know you are very busy now. Whenever you have a chance, I would appreciate it Julian...

Julian Slane said...

Sure Carol, I'm happy to send you a copy.