Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Pumpkin Wrangler

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Last night I picked my computer up from the repair store, boy did we miss it!  Friday I was looking on Craigslist for cars and I right when I clicked to open a picture, my computer crashed.  I did what I could for it, but brought it in to the repair store.  That's right, looking at cars is both dangerous on the wallet and the computer.  No, we don't have a new car.  But I do think I will have the pick-up ready to run by tonight.  Fingers crossed that it will actually run!  No computer didn't keep us from having fun.

After a very nice lunch with John and Carol at IHOP on Sunday, we (Preston elected to stay home) went to a Pumpkin Patch.
Lillie had been wanting to take this picture for weeks!  This is a recreation of the picture I have had as my computer background with her and Maren from last year.
Hansen jumped in the picture too!
Hansen and Lillie hanging with an old tractor.  If you ask Lillie about tractors, she will probably talk about the cat she found on the seat of the tractor.  Comfy place for a cat for sure.
Yup, we were after pumpkins after all.
But we did see other farm things as well.  Like animals.  This pig was happy in the mud!  Lillie kind of lured Hansen into coming with us with talk of wrangling chickens.  Last year there were chickens roaming about.  This year not so much.  The owner mentioned Coyote lurking at night and chickens needing to be safer than roaming free.  But we did find this one chicken:
Hansen and Lillie followed it for a while with the hope of doing some wrangling.  The little chicken would have nothing to do with wrangling.  I don't think the coyote could wrangle it, maybe that is why it was still free.
One last pic of me from my birthday.  With my Cold Stone ice cream cake!  Yum.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Cool pumpkin patch recreation! Glad your computer is up and running - as is the chicken - I hope the coyote doesn't get it! Cute birthday pic!