Thursday, October 03, 2013

Secondhand Lions

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday Maren texted me during the day to see if I was interested in taking Lillie to the 5th Avenue to see Secondhand Lions.  Yes!  I always enjoy the 5th Ave as does Lillie.  Maren had been given a voucher good for two tickets to see this musical from a friend.  Yay!  Lillie and I showed up early to exchange our vouchers for tickets, then it was off to the Library to do some homework.
We had great seats!  Better seats that we usually get when we pay the big bucks.  The 5th Ave did a very nice job with this performance.  The whole cast was amazing.
Lillie posing outside the theater as we picked up the tickets.  Because we left home shortly after school, I took Lillie out for a quick dinner and then it was off to the Seattle Library to finish her homework.  My advice, don't ever order the sweet potato mexi-fries from Taco Time.  I didn't think I did, but somehow I was given them.  And if you ever do get these mexi-fries, don't tell your 10 year old daughter that she would like them.  She will not.  But hey, we made it past this near disaster and continued on to Seattle.
Skipping through a corridor to go into the Library only to be greeted by this sign:
What?  The Library is closed?  No where do we go for forty minutes?
No worries, Lillie finished her homework on the steps of the court house across the street.
We still got to our seats earlier than most folks.  Great musical, great adventure, great company.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Okay, I'll avoid the sweet potato mexi fries from Taco Time. What fun to see Secondhand Lions!

Amber said...

Why was the library closed? I sure love mexi-fries, and I love sweet potatoes - but that just sounds terrible.