Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Rain?

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Welcome to October!  Today a partial shut down of the federal government will welcome October.  This over a health care system that the same House Republicans who voted to close the government have tried to vote down over 40 times.  Hmm.  What else does October bring?  My birthday!  Yay!  And Halloween.  I brought the Halloween box(s) in from the garage the other day.  Lillie is creating new costumes every day and is ready to go shopping for even more.  I don't know what she wants to be today, last month she was going to be Harry Potter.

Sunday evening Preston got to go to the Seattle Sounders game in Seattle with a friend.  That night brought a tie game for the Sounders and one heck of a weather pattern.  It hasn't stopped raining since!  I'm trying to remember all the nice weather days of summer:)
The weather doesn't stop Seattleites.  Just add a rain jacket and it's all good.  Yesterday Preston and his friends went golfing.  Preston likes this pouring rain golf as he and his friends are the only ones on the course.  Preston has a great story about his friend Nick slipping on a wet slope and sliding on his back down a slope in the pouring rain.  Nice.  I guess Nick was so wet that he simply couldn't get wetter.  In my mind I'm thinking once Nick stopped sliding down the slope, he probably stayed on his back for a moment and maybe even made a mud angel...you know, like you would in the snow.  In truth, I'm a bit envious that Preston has been golfing way more than I have, but I'm glad he is out there having fun with his friends.

Hansen had a different experience with the rain yesterday.  It was sunny when he started his walk home from school.  By the time he got home he was totally soaked (yes he had his umbrella up) by sheets of rain going sideways.  Crazy how fast the weather can change around here.  Of course, the rain had stopped by the time I picked up Lillie from the bus.  Wacky.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Happy October! Sounds like Preston and his friends know how to have fun. Well, stay dry!