Sunday, September 29, 2013

It's Saturday Night!

Good evening, it is Saturday Night!

Actually, I'm watching Saturday Night Live right now.  Cool huh?  So what has happened that is exciting you ask?  I did go to Rite Aid the other night and they are remodeling the whole store!  First time since it became Rite Aid after being Payless Drugs.  I have a soft spot for the old Payless because I used to work there.  In fact, here is a picture of me working at Payless when I was about Preston's age:
Working the camera section.  Man, I thought I had it made in the shade!  But back to the remodeling of Rite Aid...It was like the whole store was on Clearance Sale:
I did fine some things for all the family.  It is fun to be able to bring home little gifts that everyone will enjoy.  Let's see, Maren got a new lunch box.  Lillie got a pair of flip flops.  The boys a binder and graph paper.  Nothing crazy, but all useful...and cheap!

Last night Preston and I went and played 9 holes of golf (after school) in the rain with a couple of friends of his.  Afterwards it was Fry Day.  This family does like Fry Day Fridays.  The cheese sticks are so good!  And the corn-dogs turn out great too.  I'm feeling full just thinking about it.

Now for a quick truck update.  Last week I put a new radiator in and at first thought everything was great.  But now the free flowing coolant has exposed a bigger problem.  It is now free flowing through what I'm guessing is a blown head gasket and into the oil.  The truck is smoking like never before and the oil is like chocolate milk.  Dang!  The truck can't be driven in this condition, so today I started taking apart the motor.  Currently I am a bit stuck on all the crazy emissions stuff from 24 years ago.  My dilemma is this, the truck needs to pass emissions one more tine before it is old enough to not worry about it.  But to do this job without driving myself totally nuts, I need to take off the old emissions stuff (some with a saw) which is probably not doing anything effective anyhow.  Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be able to say that I've got a streamlined motor that is working perfectly.  For now Preston is back to sharing the van with me as we are down to two cars.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Hey, I think I took that picture of that handsome guy behind the counter! I like Fry Day - cool! Good luck with the truck!