Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's Finally Here!

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

It finally arrived!  Lillie has been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for this to arrive:
And it's here! A new phone case!  And it's a bear!  And it matches her screen saver!  And it is all just too much!  And I've used "and" way too much in this post.  And I don't care.  But i do think the new phone case is very cute.  I mean, it even has ears, right?

What else is new?  How about a new radiator in the pick-up truck?  Yup.  New radiator, hoses, thermostat, and fluid.  No more overheating for Old Blue Door.  I (and many others before me) underestimate the importance of a good radiator.  At first I just flushed it out, but overheating still happened, although less.  I was about to replace the water pump, but got derailed as it is driven from the timing belt and whoever replaced the timing belt last (that would be me) may have over-tightened the bolts on the fan motor and taking things apart was not going so smooth.  So after reading a bunch of stuff on the internet and talking to a neighbor about it all, I simply replaced a radiator, and I must say it is one of the easiest repairs I've ever done on a car.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Bernice said...

You are quite the mechanic Julian.
The phone case Lillie got is the cutest - it looks like she is loving it!!!

luna said...

Wow, this is really interesting content. I am amazed with your writing abilities. Your article is great reading material. Thank you for sharing your expertise.http://cheapnikeshoeswholesaleonline.com/

Ellen said...

Congrats to Lillie on the cute bear case! Dad says replacing your own radiator is pretty impressive!