Sunday, September 08, 2013

13th Annual Marta Connell Golf Tournament.

Good morning, it is Sunday.

Yesterday was the Marta Connell golf tournament.  This was the 13th tournament.  I have been in charge of scoring every year, this year went very well.  If I'm not mistaken, this golf tournament has raised over $60,000.00 for Primary Pulmonary Hypertension over the years.  For those of you who don't know, Marta was Maren's cousin, who died of this disease just short of her 40th birthday 13 years ago.
There are always lots of helpers and prizes.  Just a great tournament.
This was my motley crew.  From L to R.  Derek and his grandpa Dave, my partner Steve (who really runs the whole tournament and is married to Marta's sister) and myself.  Steve and I nearly played great.  At one point we were 4 under par, but then missed a few opportunities and settled for 4th place.  Nearly everyone turns all their winnings back in to the charity fund, but bragging rights is bragging rights.  We won the first couple of years with some amazing shots...
Derek reminded me of a young Jack Nicholas.  This kid has a great swing.  He looks like the pictures of Jack Nicholas from his Golf My Way book I read as a kid.  It was fun having Derek hit his 1-iron past my driver all day...ur, not so fun:)  Derek and Dave got to golf St. Andrews over the summer.  They even brought me back a St. Andrews guide book and Divot repair tool!  How cool is that?  Let me tell you...VERY COOL!
Check out this crazy cart!  Didn't drive in it, but there were some around.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: