Friday, August 02, 2013

Smooth Jazz.

Good morning, it is Friday.

Normally I love Fridays, but this one...eh.  Why?  Because July is over!  In July everyday is like a Friday for me.  Now it's August and by the end of the month I will be back to work and the kids back to school.  Better just enjoy August then, huh?

We have been doing fun stuff, and this month will be no different.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves here, I do have plenty of pictures from the last few days:
I should have cropped this photo a bit.  It is hard to see, but this is Darren Motamedy!  Yesterday I took the kids to see Mr. Mo in concert.  Mr. Mo was one of Preston's favorite teachers for sure.  His band teacher for 5th and 6th grade.  Before the concert Preston and I got to visit with him for a bit.  Great visit and great music.  These days Mr. Mo is living in Vegas and visiting up here.  If you google his name you can find his website and his smooth music.  The concert was only an hour long...not long enough for Preston and I, but maybe a tad long for Hansen and Lillie.  You can't tell in the picture, but the crowd was pretty good sized for sure.  And it is a good thing we visited before the concert, the line afterward was long.
Since we were in Auburn, it was off to the Auburn Supermall for lunch.  A nice lunch at Johnny Rockets and strolling around the mall was great.  This specialty toy store had some great toys from my youth.  I think I even owned this game, here Lillie is getting pretty good at making the heavy ball roll uphill.
Here the boys are trying Rock'em Sock'em Robots.  Fun!
And who knew there were so many versions of Monopoly?!?  Crazy.
The other night on the spur of the moment I took Preston and his friend Christian to the Seattle Sounders Reserve Game.  The Reserves are the second string...or like AAA baseball.  We got to see some of the regulars and some awesome soccer for sure.  The Sounders were down 0-2 at half, and rallied to win 3-2 in the second half!  Oh yeah, it was free too!  I like free.
We didn't get our pics with players or coaches, but I took a couple of pics anyway.  Coach Sigi and  young fan.
Forward David Estrada with a young fan.  If Christian and Preston were to get their pictures with anyone, this would have been the guy.
This is just a funny picture.  I took Preston out for a quick trip to the grocery store.  Can you tell which level of the cart is mine?  Which is Preston's?  While he was the one recommending ice-cream and clearance sale doughnuts, the truth is that Preston does eat very well these days, probably better than the rest of us.
And check this out:  My van turns six years old this month.  We are way past when I should have replaced this van if you look at my car buying of the past, but I must be getting old or something because I don't even want a new car.  And thanks to Preston taking the time to clean and vacuum out the inside, it looks almost new again!  Yay.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Susanna Powers said...

hi Julian, it sounds like a fun time with a summer-full of Fridays. what I want is a "month of Sundays". Did you hear that my sister has reached retirement now? can you imagine after all those years, not having to start another school year. by the way I love your photos, the one of the groceries is particularly great but all of you look so cute. thanks, sp

Julian Slane said...

Thanks Susanna! Congratulations Sally on your retirement!

Ellen said...

Now that's a clean car! Enjoy August!