Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Horserace.

Good evening, it is Wednesday.

I just got back from a great day of golf.  I was invited by a friend to play in a Member/Guest at Meridian Valley Country Club.  This was a smaller version of a very popular event at the club.  The big one spans the whole weekend with all kind of games.  I have not played MVCC in a few years, but it is one of my all time favorite golf courses ever.  It was the home course for my golf team for Green River Community College and is always in immaculate condition.  I didn't bother taking any pictures because I know the whole course like the back of my hand.  Here are a couple of pictures from their latest advertisements:
This is taken from up the fairway on hole number 5.  I'd say the hardest hole on the course.  I hit a great drive and a super iron to about 7 feet above the hole.  I barely touched the 7 foot putt and had a 10 footer back up the hill for par...which I luckily made.
This is hole 14.  We began our round on hole 11, and hole 14 was my first of three birdies for the day.  Of course I had some yuk holes too, shooting a respectable 79.  My partner and I played very well, but finished one stroke out of the money.  But the golf wasn't over for the day.  There was the Horserace.  15 teams.  A high handicap player paired with a low handicap player.  I am currently a 6.4, so for this event I was an 8.  I was paired with a real nice guy who was a 24.  He played great, I played so-so, and we outlasted everyone over some strange holes (like 10 tee to 12 green/ 13 tee to putting green) and won the whole thing!  And yes, you could bet on teams if you wanted to.  And yes, I put $6.00 on my own team.  A very good investment as I ended up winning $107.00!

What a great day of golf.  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Ha ha, when I saw that first picture from the ad, I thought you were going to recreate it! I wish I'd bet on your team - you made more money on that bet than we have over a lifetime of buying lottery tickets!