Thursday, July 04, 2013

Giant Jenga.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday I gave a shout out to Edgar Martinez and his "little projects".  Of course that was an add for Lowe's Hardware stores, and to be honest, I buy my stuff at Home Depot, only because there is one right around the corner from where we live.  Like Edgar's projects, my project didn't take too long and wasn't too expensive:
Here is the pile of wood after about half the cutting.  Yup, just use my circular saw to make a bunch of 10.5 in pieces of wood.  Then with a block and some sand paper I knocked down all the edges and got rid of all the splinters.  Finally with Lillie's help, we wrote "Jenga" on the sides of each piece.  If I had all the time in the world, I would have smoothed the sides of the boards much more...but I the game turned out just fine.
Preston and I played the first game with our neighbor Shawn hanging out for the fun.  It will be fun to watch Jack and Avery try to play this game today.  Heck, forget watching people play, it is just fun to play.  In fact, Shawn grabbed my phone and shot this video of the last 2 minutes of this game.  Shawn was a pretty good commentator as it turned out, so if you really don't have anything better to do for the next two minutes, enjoy:


Today we will be having a very traditional 4th of July.  Burien parade followed by fireworks at our house.  Here is hoping for safe and sane.  The fireworks started last night, so tonight could be crazy.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: