Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dads and Grads.

Good morning, it is Sunday.

Happy Father's Day!  I think the Maren and the kids were planning some kind of something, but I'm up first!  Actually, right now is pretty good.  Everyone is still sleeping and I can be right about anything I want, and choose whatever.  Guess I'll blog.

Yesterday I walked over to a car show being put on at the Church down the street.  Lots of cool cars for sure.  On this beautiful day I couldn't get a single member of my family to come with me to this show.  Video games, computers, and e-readers were the bigger draw.  Tsk.
This is one of the several rows of cars.  I think the entrants just parked wherever they wanted.  On the right of this picture you can see a very cool old Porche and next to it a MGB.  Not to mention the big huge looking cars on the left.
Every couple of years the Kiwanis action off a cool car.  I purchased a $10.00 ticket.  Maybe come  the end of October I will be driving this cool Mustang.
Yes this is a cool Camaro, but if you look closely you can see a guy just sleeping away in his lawn chair under the shade of his old car.  Funny.  These shows have cars for all ages.  I'm sure folks a generation older [than I] would be taking pictures of the cars behind this one wondering why this was  even in the show.  Preston's age kids would probably be wondering where the electric and hybrid cars are in this show.

Last night was graduation night for all four Kent high schools.  Preston played in the band for his school.  I was able to get a ticket from our neighbor so after driving Preston and a couple of his friends, I stayed and enjoyed the graduation ceremonies.
The band played as folks entered, and when the graduates walked in.  This is impossible to really see, but it is Preston playing his clarinet on the big screen.
After all the speeches, awards, and names were read...the class of 2013 was graduated.  I tried to take a picture of all the hats and confetti being thrown.
The graduates walked out through a flanking of their teachers as well as the band playing.

Today we plan on hanging out at the pool with the Ostergards.  Yesterday [before the auto show] I searched Craigslist, then drove out to Des Moines to pick up John's father's day gift from Carol and our gang.  Pictures still to come.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amber said...

If it makes you feel better... I totally would've walked to the car show with you.