Wednesday, May 22, 2013

When a Problem Comes Along...

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Today is a late start for the kids' schools.  But not for me.  These days Lillie gets to come to work with me for an hour before catching her bus.  Lillie will get to help me do odd jobs, but most likely she will decide to read or draw.
 Preston got home from Victoria Monday evening.  His band was up there for the Victoria Days parade.  The theme this year was DEVO.  Here he is showing off his yellow DEVO suit and red DEVO hat.  And yes, they played Whip It.  Luckily it wasn't too hot as these suits were like a sauna I'm sure.  Sounds like it was another great trip!  I hope to go up there for his senior year trip, not as a chaperone mind you, as a parade goer.  I think the Clipper sounds good to me, and a different hotel:)  Maren asked Preston what the hotel thought when they saw three tour buses of high school kids unloading?  Preston answered perfectly, "I don't know, I was too busy being a high school kid!"
 At the skating party last weekend, Hansen won this Barrel of Monkeys!  I love these guys!  Barrel of Monkeys...best toy ever invented.  Hansen didn't want to be in the picture, so I got creative.  That is he reflection in the TV holding the chain of monkeys in front of me.
After school on Monday I took Lillie to her friend's baseball game.  I guess one of the boys in her class stood up at lunch and invited everyone to come watch the game.  The game was very close to our house, so on the way to run some errand, we caught an inning.  Baseball in the sunshine, sounds great to me!  Also on the team were a couple kids from my school.  And we knew kids on the other team as well.  It was a fun time, but Lillie doesn't know her baseball.  I've got some teaching to do!  Lillie's classmates (two of them) play for the Rays...and they won this game!  This pitch turned into a RBI single.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I love the Devo hat and the Barrel of Monkeys! Great post!

vuhelp.net said...

So nice blogger