Monday, May 27, 2013

Ice Cream Tacos

Good evening, it is Monday.

Happy Memorial Day!  Can't say I did much more than think about what Memorial Day means to our country, or think about those who gave their lives defending our freedoms, but in reality I guess that is what Memorial Day is about.  Thanks to social media I did see plenty of posts about Memorial Day and I happened to find out the year Memorial Day became an official holiday.  1971.  I'm thinking Maren will have an easy time remembering this factoid.

I did have a great day off.  I started the day at Elk Run GC for a round of golf with a bunch of old friends.  I even ran into a couple of folks I didn't expect to see but was really glad I did.  Even had I had played horribly (which I didn't) it would have been a great day just for seeing old friends; Daryl, Jay, Doug, Steve B., just to name a few.  While I didn't play horribly, no one was beating Joey's (um, it's Joe now, but I've know him since he was Joey) 65!  Yeah, he pretty much won all the skins, and all the cash.  Quite a bit of cash if I do say:)

Around dinner time we had Judy and Larry over for dinner.  I had the charcoal grill going even though it was raining.  We had a nice dinner, maybe I under-cooked the burgers just a tad?  Maybe I didn't remember to pick up lettuce and tomatoes?  Maybe I'm not really much of a cook?  But thankfully Larry's dessert came to the rescue.  Larry made us ice cream tacos!  ICE CREAM TACOS!  He started by asking us if we liked ice cream?  Yes.  How about peanuts?  Yes.  Gummy Bears?  Uh huh.  M&M's?  Yes and Yes.  Finally, tacos?  Huh...why do you ask?  I had better just show you a picture:
This is Judy wearing her Memorial Day sweater and having to hold off the joy of ice cream tacos a whole minute or so just so I could snap a cheesy picture!  My camera skills were creating a party foul, but this had to be documented.  And yes, this is the second take.  Thanks for the great dessert Larry!

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Lawrence Nelson said...

Thanks for the kind words, Julian. But, your burgers were great. We loved seeing the kids again, you should be very proud. (Loved watching Hansen's archery.) All in all, we had a great time. Thanks for having us.

Amber said...

Want. Those. Tacos. Hope you had a great weekend :)

Bernice said...

You all had a great time - ice cream tacos!! I could go for those..........

Burun Estetigi said...

It looks delicious.
Greetings,
Burun Esteti─či

Slane Family #1 Fan! said...

This picture is my desktop backround now ;)!

Slane Family #1 Fan said...

This is my new desktop backround ;)
http://tinypic.com/r/aem71w/5