Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day. Picture of Grandma Bobby.

Good morning, it is Monday.

I hope you all had a Happy Mother's Day!  Maren got to start her day with breakfast in bed and a singing Snoopy Card.  Hardly awake kids and a bunch of messy hair.  Nope, no camera was allowed for that breakfast.  After church we headed over to John and Carol's house for a Mother's day BBQ.  Burgers, coleslaw, lemonade, and other yummy stuff.  Again, no pictures?  What is up with me...I'm getting too old for this job.  I also got to talk to my mom on the phone last night.  Sounds like she had a nice day too.

I do have this photo to post:
This is a photo that my aunt Susanna posted of my grandma, (Preston, Hansen, and Lillie's great grandma) Rosamond Mack Clark when she was about seven.  Susanna mentioned in her post how this picture has survived through both Hurricane Andrew and Katrina.  In my memories of my Grandma Bobby, she is a bit older than in this picture, but I can sure see her there.  I can't think of my Grandma Bobby without licking my front tooth.  Wacky huh?  Well, at a sleep over at her house (I was probably the same age as she is in the picture) Eric was chasing me through a pool area (it is possible that we were challenging grandkids), maybe the clubhouse, and I wasn't looking where I was running, and boom!  I ran into a swing set, chipping the corner off my front left tooth.  I think after that we settled down for some Almost Home cookies.  

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Susanna Powers said...

swing-sets are definitely a hazard, I think we all got hurt on one at some point. thanks Julian, love, sp

Ellen said...

It was great to talk to you on Mother's Day. That's such a sweet picture of Grandma Bobby. We miss her.

Amber said...

Aurora was amazed by this picture - it's pretty cool. I got stitches on a swing set once...

Julian Slane said...

We just may see a little of Amber resembled in this picture, don't you think? Are you talking the army helmet episode? Man, there was a ton of blood...shudder.

ps3 jailbreak said...

Great post. I am facing a few of these issues as well..