Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Swing your Swing.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

What did you think of the Superbowl?  The commercials?  The hoopla?  If there was ever a Superbowl that I thought both teams should loose, this was it.  Not really, I was rooting for the 49ers all the way.  I really like Colin Kaepernick, and I really don't like Ray Lewis.  And I've always liked the 49ers since the Joe Montana days.  On to commercials.  One of my favorites was the Joe Montana stain add where the wife washed it out with Tide, and was a Raven's fan.  And the kissing Go Daddy add...gross!  I heard yesterday that Go Daddy actually lost members because of that add.  Some of my friends really liked the Ram commercial about farmers the most, or even the Clydesdale remembering it's trainer.  So there you go, sentimental won over gross.  I did learn not to get tons of Doritos if I have a goat!  And yes, I thought the halftime show with Beyonce was very good.

Even more fun for me was the Waste Management Phoenix Open! Maybe my most enjoyable tournament to watch ever.  If given passes to sit in the grandstand on hole 16, or go to the Masters, I think I would choose hole 16 at Phoenix.  Yes, I have played the course and that makes it more fun to watch too.  This year was even more cool because one of my old Kentridge fellow golf teammates played in the tournament:
Glen Griffith joined the PGA about the same time as I did.  I'd say Glen was always a better golfer than I was, but there were a couple of stand outs on our team that were amazing back in the day.  We were on a very impressive golf team in high school where teammates went to play at very prestigious colleges, but Glen has really persevered and his talent has really shone through these last several years.  While he didn't make the cut, he did stuff his tee shot to a foot on hole 16 on round two, made his birdie, and got the crowd of 10,000+ going.  When talking about commercials, I actually saw my favorite commercial of the day watching golf!  There was a new Dick's Sporting goods ad where folks of all levels were hitting shots and Arnold Palmer was narrating, "swing your swing".  It is my favorite, I looked for it on youtube, but it is not findable for me just yet.

See you tomorrow.


1 comment:

Ellen said...

I liked the Clydesdale and the farmer ads the best myself. Dad was grossed out by the Go Daddy ad, too. But most of all, I'm glad the Ravens won after seeming to lose their momentum after the power outage, and I'm glad that once again another football season has come and gone with no team having a perfect season except the amazing 1972 Miami Dolphins - woo hoo!