Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy Birthday to Maren and Mom!

Good morning, it is Sunday.

Yesterday was a birthday day across the country!  Yup, Maren's birthday and my mom's birthday...on the same exact day!  From the sounds of things, I'd say both Maren and my mom had a great birthday.  And the kids may have had just as good of a time.  All three of my kids got to spend the night at Nana's house while I took Maren out for some birthday shopping and dinner at the Golden Peacock.  The olders along with Abby and Alex (yes, Hansen is moving from one of the littles to one of the olders) got to go to GameWorks with Auntie Stef, while the Lillie and her cousin Claire stayed at Nana's house for who knows what fun.  And across the country Aurora got to make my mom's birthday cake, and by the looks of one of the photos I saw of her licking her plate clean, it must have been some good cake!
Carol made Maren a very cute birthday cake thing out of cupcakes!  Here is Maren blowing out her candles with Preston looking on!  
And even a bunch of presents!  It has been a long time since Maren actually had a real birthday party on her birthday.  I think it was a good day for Maren!

And here is my mom blowing out her candles with Aurora (the cake maker) blowing out her candles.  I'm not sure mom or Maren will be so pleased that the blowing out of the candles is the picture I chose for the blog...but come on, blowing out the candles is the best part!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Actually, having my son Julian sing to me was pretty special, too! Yep, it was a good January 19th this year.

Bernice said...

I would say it was a great birthday for both Ellen and Maren. Happy birthday to both of you...........