Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Doughnuts for Eyes?

Good morning, it is Monday.

While Lillie and Maren were out of town, us boys did have our fun.  Preston had his friend Connor spend the night and Hansen had an x-box live marathon with his friends.  Here are just a couple of pictures:
Preston and Connor got out the doughnut maker.  After figuring it out, I must admit that they made some very good mini doughnuts!  I'm sure you can see what I'm talking about:)   
And I replaced the crushed door on my pick up truck.  This door from the wrecking yard was totally bare bones.  I had to transfer over the window and all the working parts.  It was fun and I'm happy with it.  Thinking of removing all the trim from the truck and getting all new paint.

Maren got back after a great conference.  She had a wonderful time.  The book that won it all was BOMB, The Race to Build and Steal the World's First Atomic Weapon.  Or something like that.  It won for three different categories!  The Newbery winner was a book about Ivan the gorilla  who lived not too far from us.  Fitting that he won that award here in Seattle.  It will be the next book I read.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

That truck is like a Timex watch - it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. It's going to look great!