Saturday, November 17, 2012

Math!

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Last night was the first night since last Friday evening that I got to spend the evening at home without a school function, meeting or something.  It was nice to just relax for the evening.  Of course the trend was one and done as I will be going out of town (way out of town, Spokane...over a blizzarding mt. pass) for the weekend with Preston for soccer.

Thursday evening was Math Night at our school.  We had a very nice turnout.  I helped with passing out the free math stuff as well as just playing math games and such.  I did learn a new magic trick with a deck of cards from a 5th grader...pick a card, any card!
This is me!
And this is my work desk...I have a sub on Monday because I get to be on a committee that sets goals for the school improvement team or something of the sort.  I try to stay organized as I have so many intervention classes I teach each day,but this is super organized.  My sub will have to teach six intervention classes as well as give support to three classrooms during the day.  I have my schedule down and it flows well for me, but trying to get it on paper so someone else can jump in a do it was not such an easy task.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

sussah said...

Hi Julian, what is an intervention class? love, susanna

Julian Slane said...

Mainly math and reading...the classes will have their regular full class (core) on the topic, the intervention class is a separate 30 min class where we have small groups and focus more on individual skills.

Ellen said...

Amazingly organized! Nice pic of you!