Thursday, October 11, 2012

"Shakin' off the Blues"

Good morning, it is Thursday.

I had a very nice day yesterday.  Tons of friends posted birthday wishes on my FB wall, and some of my co-workers even sang to me.  Yay.  I got to choose a family outing for dinner, but rather than choosing Costco, I went with Taco Time.  It was great, the food was great, and our family had a very fun time.  I don't remember exactly what we were talking about, lost shoes, soda choices (yes this Taco Time has the fancy Coke machine where you make any flavor anything you want), but I do remember lots of fun.  Tonight is dinner at The Golden Peacock!
 Maren got me one of the coolest birthday presents ever.  It is a print from one of my favorite pieces of art, called "Shakin' off the Blues".  This print, hard to see in this picture is a copy from an original by Iris Scott.  She is a young artist from Covington who makes amazing paintings without brushes, finger painting.  Her website is here: http://www.irisfingerpaintings.com/  .  Anyhow, when I was an art docent for Lillie's class she came to an art night and showed off her prints and did a demonstration.  I really liked her and her artwork.  I believe the original of this painting is hanging somewhere in Children's Hospital?  Thanks Maren!   I spent some of the evening at Michael's getting it framed, it will go above the door in our house.
As yesterday was my birthday and tomorrow is Eric's birthday...here is a joint party picture from like 34 years ago.  My mom sent me the pic yesterday, inspired by the cakes and yesterday's blog.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

We're glad you had a nice birthday! Great print - what an amazing artist.

Cristina C said...

Hello!

Interesting blog. Welcome to http://filmandotherstories.blogspot.se/.

:) Take care!