Wednesday, September 05, 2012

The Art Table.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Lately I have been thinking of resurfacing the kid's art table.  We have had it for probably five years now and it is has been well loved.  From day one I have never minded it the kids got markings on it because I think it looks cool that way.  But lately it has just looked dirty rather than artsy, so yesterday was the day.
 When Lillie saw me bringing it outside and setting up the sander, she wanted to help.
 Even the neighborhood girls had to see what was up.  The neighborhood girls all got to check out the electrical sander, but Lillie was still the star of the sanding show.
And in the end the art table is back where it belongs.  Not perfect or stained or anything like that.  But much cleaner and ready for another five years worth of art table.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

sussah said...

Hi Julian, the table looks very nice! it looks pretty small, but I think we need something like that but adult size. In the 1970s (you remember Atlanta ... when we skateboarded our way to scrapes) we bought a drafting table which many years ago was commandeered by me for contact lenses etc. After 32 and a half years of marriage, I learned the other day that he wanted his drafting table back! Now the problem is I don't know where else to put it. Have a great school year! Love, susanna

Ellen said...

The table looks great!

Julian Slane said...

Hi Susanna, yes I remember Atlanta...it was nice of you to wipe out and join me in the scrapes department:) I hope the table dilemma works itself out.