Monday, September 10, 2012

Sidewalk Chalk.

Good morning, it is Monday.

What did this weekend bring?  Lillie had an overnight, Preston had a soccer game and asked Sarai to the Homecoming dance, Hansen got to hang out, I played in and helped score the Marta Golf Tournament, and it was Rally Sunday at church to get ready for the new year of Sunday School...so very busy as usual.
 Homecoming is in just a couple of weeks which seems crazy early to me, but what do I know?  Preston says that all the kids do creative things when asking a girl to a dance these days.  Preston (with a little help from his mom) picked up flowers and sidewalk chalk.  Then drew in huge letters, Homecoming in Sarai's driveway (no help from his mom here) so when she got home...there it was.
 And she said yes!  I think it may have been a done deal as they have been dating for a while now. Preston's soccer team also won their first regular season game over a Washington Premier team and looked very solid in the process.
 At Rally Sunday Lillie had "zebra" painted on her cheek to match her sweatshirt.  The face paint is not too fancy, the kid sure is.  I should have taken a picture of Hansen and Lillie with their snow cones.  The snow cone machine was a big hit. 
I took this picture from a lookout tower at Snohomish Golf Course.  Captain Bob is teeing off in this picture.  He was totally on fire and he and his partner won the tournament with a best ball score of 7 under.  My partner and I were 3 under for third place.  Captain Bob always plays his best golf in this tournament.  Last time I won the even I was his partner.  The trick is that he runs a triathlon in the morning and is so exhausted that he can't do anything but hit great shots.  Amazing really.  

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Aw, that's sweet about Preston writing in chalk and the flowers...looks like it was a nice day for golf at Snohomish.