Monday, August 20, 2012

Over, Under, or Around?

Good morning, it is Monday.

After a full day of chores and stuff, we decided to take a walk to the ice-cream store in the evening.  The strip of stores where we walked is only a couple of miles from our house and we can get there through the back streets.  Actually, if we just go through a local school yard, the parking lot is connected to the shopping strip of stores...but there is a gate!  I have only seen it closed once before but it was closed last night.  So our options were over, under or around.  Sure, there was plenty of room for the kids to go under...but for me?  All I can say it that is was very fun...and if you are my size and start laughing, it is easy to kind of get stuck.  Also, cars were driving by to make it even more fun.  Maren was there, but I was not allowed to take her picture or to even say if she went over, under or around.
 Lillie and Hansen has zero trouble just slipping right under the gate.  No, we are not breaking any laws here!  I'm guessing this gate is just to keep the shoppers from going into the school by accident?  I don't know why the lots are even connected...maybe at the time connecting them seemed like the thing to do, but then they changed their minds?
 Lillie took this picture.  Maren and Hansen are pushing the gate up just to give me an extra centimeter of clearance.  No problem!
At our destination!  u-top it.  This frozen yogurt store is very good, but quite expensive if you ask me.  For the four of us our bill was just over $20.00.  No, we don't do this every day!  
But yum...my ice-cream cup consisted of mint and coconut flavored yogurt and a variety of toppings.  No, Preston was not with us this trip.  He is off spending the night at a friend's house.  I'm sure he and his buddies walked to 7-11 for Slurpees.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Ha!!!

We usually spend about $6 at the frozen yogurt place, but that's with Aurora getting just a tiny bit. 5-10 years from now I'm pretty sure we'll be spending $20.

Ellen said...

Our guess for how Maren got through the fence is...she leapt the fence at a single bound!

Whole Sale Toner said...

Ink
Great innovation by the blogger