Saturday, July 07, 2012

Hey Dad, check out this putter!

Good morning, it is Saturday.

A couple of days ago I got a call from my old friend and boss Steve Dubsky.  Steve collects golf clubs like I do and has tons of clubs to be sure.  He was going through his clubs and came across an old club of mine...or my dads?  I would have said mine, Steve said my dads.  Who knows for sure, but I can tell you that this is the putter I used to win my biggest golf tournament as a professional.  After not being able to find my house a time or two, I met Steve at his.  We talked for a bit, told a few stories and had a few laughs, and Steve insisted in just giving me my old club back.
So here it is.  Original grip and everything, probably 20+ years old.  Maxfli Tad Moore TM-7.  This is as good as a putter as you can buy today in my opinion.  I don't know if it will end up in my bag or in the closet, but either way it sure is fun to have it back.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Robert said...

Yes, very cool putter. I don't remember where you got it, but it was not from me. If you have played well with it in the past, it is probably 34". All my putters have been 35" or even longer. What do you have in your bag now? Putter changes don't have to be permanent so go ahead and put "Tad Moore" in your bag.

Julian Slane said...

I got if from Steve, he had it left over from his Spanaway stock. I used it for a bit (it is 35), won the Arizona tournament and put it in the closet. You traded it for a very similar 34 to Steve to give me on my birthday as I used 34s. I brought it to AZ because the greens there were so slow and the longer one was better. I now use a 35 inch Ping Zing original which is a ton like this Tad Moore. I currently only use 8 clubs: Callaway Driver and 4-wood, Wilson Staff 4,6,8,PW, Ping eye2 SW and Zing Putter. All in a lightweight single strap walking bag. When with you I will use a full set and put my clubs on a power cart:)

Amber said...

I'm watching Caddyshack right now.

Julian Slane said...

This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion. It's in the hole!