Friday, June 01, 2012

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Good morning, TGIF!  This week has just dragged on and on...and we had Monday off!  What gives?  Glad it's Friday.

For the last week my van has had an issue with the fan.  As in it doesn't work.  Luckily we live close to downtown Covington and Covington Tire always does a fine job for a fair price, so the other day I brought it in.  Yesterday we picked it up with a working fan!  In case you wondered, I rode my bike to work, walked into town, drove my van back.  Not exactly Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...more like Pedals, Sneakers, an Automobiles:)
Preston was going to spend a few hours at his girlfriend's house, so rather than riding his bicycle, he walked with me to the car shop, the I drove him the rest of the way.  We had a friendly little wager on how long the walk would take.  Preston said 23 minutes, I guessed 26.  Luckily at the last big intersection, we hit the red light.  Standing at crosswalks for 3 minutes really paid off...for me!  Exactly 26 minutes after leaving our house we made it to Covington Tire.  What did I win you may ask?  Nothing more than being able to brag about it on this blog.  And a fun time with walking with Preston.  And if you didn't notice, he did get a haircut a couple of days ago and it looks great!

Yesterday Lillie had dance class and Hansen had soccer practice so my van was back in service just in time.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Congrats on the van repair and logistics, and congrats on winning the bet. It probably would have taken me an hour - gettin' old! Preston's haircut is very handsome!