Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Camp, Band, and Baseball.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

I was just looking at my last couple of post and wondered how it is possible I still have so much to blog about.  Well, here it goes:
 Last night was Preston's last band performance for the year.  For those of you not invited, sorry, but we didn't find out about the concert until a day ago:)  The kids were great!  The graduating seniors got flowers and other awards were given.  My favorite selections were, The Beatles: Love, Carry on Wayward Son, Highlights form Les Miserables.  The concert did go on and on, and ended in a Rocky selection from their field trip to Victoria Canada.
 Hansen left for 6th grade camp yesterday!  He is now at Camp Waskowitz.  Yes, Maren and Preston both went to 6th grade camp there...and John taught 6th grade camp there.  Have fun Hansen!  Sorry to say I was not one of the weepy parents sending off their child to camp for the first time.  I'm more like, go on...have fun!
After dropping off Hansen, I chaperoned a field trip for Lillie's class to see the Tacoma Rainiers play baseball!  This is the small group I was in charge of in front of a cool poster.
Getting autographs!
 I don't think these kids will ever wash their hands again!  Lillie brought Larry Nelson's had to the game (actually I was wearing it) and got it signed as well.
 In the stands!
 Meeting the Moose up close.
 The catcher is the guy who signed our hat and hands!
The sun came out and the game was on!  The morning was so rainy we didn't really expect there to be a game.  I wish we could have stayed longer, it was back on the school bus at 1:00pm.  And yes, what else are you going to do with your hot dog wrapper other than make it into a mustache?  Lillie said it was the best hot dog ever!  Her teacher said that the only place in the whole world that has a better hot dog is Fenway Park!  Got to love Mrs. Morrow.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Love the mustache and the moose! What fun!