Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Boston Red Sox!

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Look what I received in the mail a couple of days ago!  That's right, it is my grandpa's Boston Red Sox's hat:
 I was telling Bernice about how I was going to go to the Boston/Mariners game at the end of this month and she offered to send me my grandpa's old Boston cap.  How cool is that?  Yes, very cool.  Thanks Bernice.
The hat fits me perfectly.  No surprise really, and it has already been broken in and obviously was well worn by my grandpa.  I have already been wearing everywhere I go.  
This is a picture from last weekend.  Hansen's soccer team won the whole leauge in the last game of the season.  At one point they were down 1-3 and had given up the championship as they needed to win or tie to capture the title.  But somehow they scored 2 goal toward the end of the game to end it in a 3-3 tie and earn the title.  This picture is of the kids getting their medals.  Hansen enjoyed this soccer team so much that he wanted to do select soccer.  He made his MVP Rapids team, but the coach thinks he is best suited for defense and Hansen is not too thrilled about the change.  Who knows how this will end up.
Usually I show pictures of Preston playing soccer...but look what Maren found the other day on the floor under a half eaten candy bar.  Yup, Preston is an amazing student as well.  Way to go Preston!
This last picture is from last night's church meeting.  We have been discussing internet policies as well as tons of other things.  I am happy to be on the council and there are great things on the horizon for our church. This WSU Cougar clad guy sitting next to me is showing me an air-fare price he found on his phone for a proposed trip to Denver.  I'm sneaking this photo into my blog to see just how savvy our church internet police really are.  Just joking, but they will probably tag my blog with in the hour:)  Actually the policies are for the church website and sanctioned blogs...my blog is under the "out in the world" and certainly not sanctioned.

See you tomorrow.


1 comment:

Ellen said...

Grandpa's cap is being put to excellent use! I'm glad. Wow, congrats to Preston - we're so proud!