Monday, May 21, 2012

Lofty

Good morning, it is Monday.

Saturday at 5:30 am Preston went with 90 other of his school friends to Victoria Canada to enjoy Victoria Days as his band is going to be in the big Victoria Days Parade!  I have texted him a few times and it sounds like he is having a great time!  He will get home tonight.  His band all have grey sweat sweats with "Italian Stallion" on the front and "ROCKY" on the back as all the songs they are playing are ones like "Eye of the Tiger".  I would have enjoyed seeing this parade, but I am sure glad not to be one of the ones in charge of 90 teenagers in a foreign country.

Yesterday after church it was off to the driving range with Hansen, then bed building for Lillie.
 This is her new loft bed.  She is super high in the air, we will see how much she enjoys it.  Her room is so small that the open space under the bed will be taken up very soon by the big pile if stuff just to the right of the photo.
 And the bed before building.  It took longer than I thought it would to build.  But no problem.  I picked it up used for free, and it seems to be in great shape.  I am keeping her old bed for a while as I'm not so sure how this one will go over.
 This is my new raspberry area in the side yard.  It has been a disaster for most of our time, but a new plan and some heavy duty weeding.  One more yard project, check!  I will be getting a few truck loads of dirt and bark before too long, then BBQ and Fire Pit season will be in full swing.
 This is just a cute pic of Lillie and Maren at iHop Friday night.  Maren is starting to gain #1 parent status back again.  The pendulum swings back and forth, but for now Lillie wants Mom to drive her to dance, and mom to do this and mom to do that.  It is all good by me.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Molly said...

What an absolutely GORGEOUS photo of Maren and Lillie.

Ellen said...

What a fun new bed! Lots of fun stuff going on!

Amber said...

I love the pic of Maren & Lillie! I don't think I'd like having a bed that high up, but that extra space would be great. I hope she likes it!