Wednesday, May 02, 2012

A birthday, bike month, and some doodles.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Yesterday was the first day of MSP testing at our school.  Since I was a proctor for a small group, I didn't have a very busy day.  Of course I can proctor a test like a champ, but without using electronics, I had some time to kill.  And since yesterday was also the first day of Bike Month, I decided to doodle...my wheels...kind of like I have been doing since I was a kid:
 My road bike.  A GT Rapid Transit.  This is the bike I ride to work each day.  It was parked outside at school while I doodled...but I didn't need to post a picture of it all alone in the bike rack like I did on Facebook.  I have kind of given my newer road bike to Hansen.
 My mountain bike.  A GT idrive.  Both my bikes are over 10 years old GT bikes, but it works because my truck is:
 An old Mazda.  And I'm old.  And this old Mazda was given to me by a guy who is super old...John Ostergard (how was that for a segue?).  Yup, today is Maren's dad's birthday.

Happy Birthday John!

Unrelated but interesting news.  I took this picture of the board in the staff room:
Two of the football players who were picked up by the Cleveland Browns last week have relatives I work with.  I work with Joe's mom and Matt's aunt.  Crazy huh?

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Nice bike doodling! Happy birthday to John! That's really weird about the Cleveland Browns connection.

Molly said...

Wow, great doodling. I can see the artists & creativity continues thru the generations, Ellen's talent and Robert's mother's talent and probably others. Very very nice.

Didn't understand the comment about electronics. MSP? I know in Pensacola where my brother and sister-in-law teach h.s. they call something FCATs. Oh, just looked it up, Measurements of Student Progress.

Ellen: did we have those in elem. and jr high back then? I can't remember.