Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Now I have to keep the van FOREVER!

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Yesterday was the day I decided to bring the van into the shop.  The driver's window stopped working as well as the passenger side door lock on the slider door a month ago.  And of course, I need the window to do simple things like go through a drive-through window at fast food restaurants, or use the bank machine at the local bank.  So without the window working, we have been hungry and broke!  Furthermore, without the slider door working, I can't unlock the door for the kids, so they have been stuck at home wondering if they will ever get to go anywhere in the van again!  Well, it's not all that bad, but I can tell you that for the cost of the repair you would think these parts are saving the world.  Now I have to keep the old van forever and my retirement plans need to be altered as well:)  Just joking, but dang, $550.00 for the window and door locks to work is expensive.  Don't say it, don't say it...I should have just bought a new car!

Actually, Lillie and I had a fun little adventure dropping off the van.  We brought our bicycles and rode home.  Later in the day Preston and I rode back and picked up the van, but I didn't take any pictures of that trip.
Lillie getting ready to leave the car shop on her bicycle.
 Stopping on the way home to check out Jenkins Creek.
Lillie had even more adventures yesterday as I took her and a neighbor to "the brush".  The brush is just woods and trails between a couple of housing developments.  The girls both have high school age brothers who wouldn't take them on this adventure, but too bad for them [the boys] because it was really a kind of fun hike.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Molly said...

You write the funniest blog. Your train of logic was hilarious.

When we were kids we had "The Weeds" a large (well, large to us!) lot of overgrown weeds or sawgrass probably (much, much higher than our heads) that had trails where we would wander and ride our bikes for hours. Last time I was in Miami it was all covered with houses, can you imagine?!

Molly said...

And Happy Birthday, April 12th, to Beverly Cleary. She will be 96. I would have a hard time choosing between Beezus, Ramona or Henry Huggins as some of my favorite characters. And she is a University of Washington grad.

Amber said...

Oh Julian... that's not too expensive. You can still trade her in, say in perhaps about 10 years!