Monday, April 09, 2012

Easter Sunday.

Good morning, it is Monday.

We are officially on Spring Break!  When I say "we", I mean those of us who go to school or work at a school...Maren is at work learning about a new phone system as I type.

Yesterday was Easter Sunday and we had a very nice day.  I have tons of pictures, so I will let them lead the way:
Lillie was us way too early, but very eggcited to see the the Easter Bunny did come to our house!  The Easter Bunny left its usual powder sugar paw prints leading to baskets for each of the kids.  One of the neighbor kids saw the paw prints later and wondered just what kind of "white stuff" the Easter Bunny must have stepped in.
 Off to the 11:00am church service at Zion Lutheran in Kent.  I don't usually use my camera in church, but the sun was shining in the stained glass windows so I thought I would give it a try.
 After church it was off to John and Carol's house for food and fun.  This is Hansen and Preston just chilling out.  The kids got yet another Easter basket full of goodies!  I watched most of the Masters telecast with the occasional break to head to the park in the sunshine and grab some grub.
 In Lillie's basket was her new favorite stuffed bear.  A very cute paisley bear.
At the park we kicked the soccer ball a little, shot the basketball a little, and rolled down the grass hill a bit too.  Jack is a hill rolling king, but Avery figured running down the hill was a bit more effective.  
 On the walk back to John and Carol's house everyone seemed to have an itchy back.  After a bunch of "can you scratch my back?", we decided to make a back scratching train.  Not nearly as elaborate as SpongeBob's 7 mile spanking train...but it works!

Off to exercise, then see what the day brings.  I'm reading a book and the author says that when you are about to not exercise or about to eat garbage food, you should remember to "respect your future self"...I'm trying.  Later Hansen has soccer practice, Preston has a soccer game, and Lillie has dance class.  I also need to find the time to get my van in the shop as the driver's window doesn't work anymore.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our handbell choir rang "Lift High The Cross" with the voice choir, a brass ensemble, the church organ and timpani. Such glorious Easter music! And the service ended with all singing or playing The Hallelujah Chorus. Fantastic.

Ellen said...

We enjoyed the Easter post. Happy Easter!