Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Soccer, Soccer, and Snow.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Yesterday was a crazy busy day that we knew was coming, and thanks to extra help from family, it all went down perfectly.  Of course, who would have expected snow?  Maren left to a library conference (where she is presenting) in Philadelphia, Hansen had his first soccer practice on a snow covered sand field, Preston had his first varsity soccer match for his high school, and I had my first church council meeting.  And all these things overlapped at around 7:00 pm.

Thankfully John and Carol came out to our house and helped. Carol made a very nice dinner and stayed with Lillie while I took Hansen to soccer, left early and dropped him off at home with Carol and Lillie, and went to my meeting.  John took Preston to soccer and stayed for the game along with Stef and Derek who also came to cheer on Preston.  Stef even sent me text updates of the game while I was in my council meeting.  And the results are:  Hansen has a fun team to play on this year, Lillie and Nana  had a nice evening, Preston played nearly the whole game as their team won 1-0, my meeting went very long but interesting, and Maren made it to Philly.  So all great.

Stef texted me this picture of Preston going back into the game.  He is number 18.  A cold and rainy night that started with snow.  I am sure other pictures will surface as the days go on, I think there may even be a website being put together by parents of the team.
This is my bike in the snow as I got ready to ride to work yesterday.  As you can see we really did have some snow.  My commute is so short that I could push my bike to work in the same time it would take me to clear off my car, warm it up, then drive to work...besides, riding in the snow was fun!

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Mrs. Etcheverry said...

It looks like a brisk, cold ride that can clear your head.

Mrs. Etcheverry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Etcheverry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.