Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mathematicians.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday I had student/teacher conferences with Hansen and Lillie's teachers.  Actually I think the conferences are now called goal setting conferences, but really not much different other than trying to get the children actively involved with their learning.  The littles are both doing excellent!  Amazing mathematicians, writers, readers, and students!  Yay.

In between conferences I took down the old artwork (art docent duty) from Mrs. Morrow's wall, then after conferences I hung up the new art.  This project was based on numbers by Jasper Johns.  I thought about having the students all do their age, mostly 8 which would have been cool and more accurately portrayed Johns' work with numbers, but Lillie recommended we do the first letter of their names.  I thought that was an excellent idea, so that is just what we did:
Lillie wishes she hadn't put the extra L on her work, but I like it.

The littles both earned $5.00 coupons for books from the book fair for exceeding reading goals.  Lillie quickly used her coupon buying a 2012 Guinness Book of World Records.  Hansen chose not to buy a book citing that he has a librarian mom who gets him all the books he is interested in before they come for sale, thus he has read everything he would have considered buying.  Instead he just wants the money:)

See you tomorrow.

P.S.  Happy Birthday to my Aunt Susanna!  I hear it is a big one...er, yeah:)

3 comments:

sussah said...

Dear Julian, thanks for your wishes & glad you didn't mention my years on my blog. I'm trying to make a good impression, after all. love, susanna

sussah said...

Hi again, I meant to mention that the art display is really beautiful, and the two "L"s are great, maybe it should have been three. love, susanna

Amber said...

Happy Birthday, Susanna!

I love the artwork - what a fun job to be docent.